If you want to add more friends on Facebook use the Friend finder.
You can invite friends with:
- Your contact list in the online email service like Gmail.
- Upload a contact list from you desktop email program like Thunderbird or Outlook
- Invite friends that are suggested
- enter name, email address or a keyword for your niche
- your schools or employers to find former class mates or ex-collegues (if you want to of course)
- your Instant Messanger contacts
Use the contactlist from you local email software:
When you use these options and you do send invites, please send a personal invite. Add some text why you want to connect with the other person. Where is your connection?
Invites like this, that are in my inbox, are not helping:
It is not clear for me who is in the picture. The profile page is not helping at all.
Make it easier for the people you are inviting so they can decide in the inbox or only need to take a brief look at your profile page.
Add some text to the invitation, like:
We are connected on Skype, love to connect on Facebook.
Then make sure that your Personal Profile gives enough details for people that only have met you online. Show links to the places where people can find more about you online, a link to your website, Twitter profile etc.